The Nutrition Assessment Clinic
The Nutrition Assessment Clinic (NAC) is part of the multidisciplinary team located at the Kingston Institute of Neurofeedback. The NAC provides a valuable resource for our practitioners who understand the many intersections between nutrition and both mental and physical health. The team of Registered Dieticians at the NAC provide nutritional interventions to our clients as well as to the public with personalized nutrition assessments and diet planning
The Nutrition Assessment Clinic works with athletes, teams, health professionals, gyms, EAP and insurance companies, and individuals interested in optimizing the functioning of their brain and their body. Registered dietitians provide individualized nutrition advice and can work with you to create meal plans which enhance athletic performance, improve digestive issues, mitigate chronic disease or safely implement alternative diets.
- Diet counselling for athletes
- Improved sports performance
- Weight gain and muscle growth
- Increased stamina and endurance
- Boosted energy
- Better overall fitness
During an assessment at the Nutrition Assessment Clinic a Dietician will analyse your individual situation which may include:
- Computerized Analysis of Food Intake.
- Computerized Body Composition Analysis (Bioimpedance, BIA) total body water, intracellular & extracellular fluid, lean mass, nutritional status (phase angle) and hydration level.
- Diet, Social, Family and Medical History.
- Exercise Program Review.
After an assessment is completed, a nutrition plan may include:
- Review of your body composition analysis
- Direction on how to improve exercise and a referral to another practitioner if required
- A sample meal plan or general suggestions depending on your goals, learning style and readiness to make changes
- Recommendations on vitamins and minerals which may need replacement in your diet
- Food replacement for exercise
- A food intake and exercise diary
- Some targets related to your nutritional goals
- A follow-up plan